SENIOR TECHNICAL ANIMATOR / SHOT FINALER - JOB DESCRIPTION
· Coding knowledge. Need to understand and be able to write a function for fixing multiple shots.
· Rigging knowledge. Need to understand how rigs are rigged in our studio. Sometimes you have to rebuild dynamic for individual shots.
· Ability to apply Maya dynamics nodes on the fly
· Require animation skills for animating natural looking hair/skirts.
· Require modelling skills for smoothing mesh topology / making sure texture is not stretched
· Need to have basic knowledge for studio render engine
· Ability to troubleshoot major issues from different departments: ex. Cache is not applying on Lighting, Maya scene crashes after shot final file, Rigs updated and animation is busted, and so on.
· Create a function or a tool for helping team to fix shots in shortest time.
· Fix animation errors, need to correct animation without breaking the silhouette
· Use of dynamics to achieve advanced simulation
· Create ripples and water splashes.
· Have good imagination for simulation and can do draw over.
· Establish countermeasures during major pipeline breakdown.
· Be able to solve shot issues between different departments
To apply, please send your resume or position inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Previous BC residence preferred